• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dumb question

NickD

NAXJA Forum User
God, its embarrassing to ask a question like this...

What is the name of the component that the front brake calipers mount to on a 99 XJ. My expert analysis is that it's large and does not turn with the wheel. I'm gonna go cry now because I cant play the name game with car parts.........

NickD said:

What is the name of the component that the front brake calipers mount to on a 99 XJ. My expert analysis is that it's large and does not turn with the wheel. I'm gonna go cry now because I cant play the name game with car parts.........
the calipers mount onto the knuckle. The knuckle sits on ball joints and through those is attached to the axle housing and allows for the wheels to turn left and right.

Kejtar said:
Wouldn't the inner C be the part that's on the axle tube?

NickD said:

Yea.

Back