• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reed switch anti theft system (ADE)

azdesertrhino

NAXJA Forum User
I read through through material found through search regarding the magnetic reed switch etc and it sounds like a great system. Has anyone done this on an XJ (the info I find is on a YJ). I want to find the location of the correct wire inside the cab of the XJ, the rest of the stuff is pretty straight forward. I've got the FSM out, know what wire to cut but haven't located it's exact position yet.

Got a replacement for the ripped off and totaled 94 XJ and want the S%B to really have to work before he gets another one from me!!

Thanks,

azdesertrhino said:
I read through through material found through search regarding the magnetic reed switch etc and it sounds like a great system. Has anyone done this on an XJ (the info I find is on a YJ). I want to find the location of the correct wire inside the cab of the XJ, the rest of the stuff is pretty straight forward. I've got the FSM out, know what wire to cut but haven't located it's exact position yet.

Got a replacement for the ripped off and totaled 94 XJ and want the S%B to really have to work before he gets another one from me!!

Thanks,

Which wire are you trying to find? Fuel pump, starter, ignition...?
Billy

I'm looking towards installing one of these switches as well. I'm not really interested in the magnetic switch though. I'm just looking towards running a switch somewhere inside the XJ that I can use to cut off all power. Is there a wire that controls everything? I ran a switch in between the fuel pump wire under the hood. The jeep still cranked and started. I need the wire that prevents it from doing anything.

uvaldetxj said:
I'm looking towards installing one of these switches as well. I'm not really interested in the magnetic switch though. I'm just looking towards running a switch somewhere inside the XJ that I can use to cut off all power. Is there a wire that controls everything? I ran a switch in between the fuel pump wire under the hood. The jeep still cranked and started. I need the wire that prevents it from doing anything.

It didn't keep running did it? If so, I think you got the wrong wire. The fuel pump's a good one because a thief may not think it's a security device... he may think that your Jeep just sucks. If he thinks that, he's less likely to want it. But if he thinks it's an anti thieft device, he's probably going to try to get around it.
Billy

The fuel pump relay is by-passed at start-up, but is engaged when the ignition key is returned to the run position.

I think your solution is a good one. A stalling, bucking truck is likely to attract attention and send a thief running.

Best Anti Theft System---angry Pitbull That Lives In Your Jeep,park In Front Of House So You Can See It At All Times,have 10 Gauge Shot Gun At Hand By Door -----i Am Sure No One Should Get It Now

You could always put a switch in the ignition wire. I dont know about xj's, but for most vehicles it is the purple wire under the dash. Yes there are many purple wires, but this one is larger(14ga?) and as always test it before cutting. I personaly like the fuel pump switch, because you can splice into the wire right on the drivers side floor and put the switch into the seat retractor.

JeepFreak21 said:
Which wire are you trying to find? Fuel pump, starter, ignition...?
Billy

Sorry, guess I should have been more specific. I'm looking for the coil wire to the Automatic Shut down relay. With no power to energize the realy it locks out fuel pump, ignition coil, fuel injectors and other components.

Thanks,

Mine got ripped off out of my driveway at 6 AM. After I got it back, I put a hidden switch under the hood on my MSD and installed hood locks. Along with a steering column shield that clamps on around the column. Then I sold my Corvette and parked my Jeep in the garage. Stupid thieves :hang:

Back