• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Dana 30 front axle shaft vibrations.

DaveB

NAXJA Forum User
I upgraded my 86 cv style axle shafts with 99 TJ axle shafts and at the same time I upgraded the steering knuckles, rotors, calipers and hubs also with the 99 parts. I now have vibrations starting about 45 mph. I looked at the axle shafts while the front axle was turning and the axle shafts appear to wobble up and down. This could happen if the knuckles caused the hub to not be centered relative to the axle tube. Is it normal to see some shaft wobble ? It is more noticeable on the right side than the left side. I did also swap the front driveline for a newer one at the same time so I plan on taking it out after work tommorow to make sure it isn't the problem. When I run it up on blocks I don't feel the vibrations much... Any ideas ? are the 99 knuckles not compatible with the old 86 housing ? I do have a 93 housing if that would work better.
Dave

I found the problem and it was the front driveline not the axle shafts. The cv on the driveline had a rough ujoint. Should have checked it closer before my son put it on.
Dave

Back