• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Side axle Q

B

Bill90XJ

Hi folks I got a quick side axle question. Dana 35.

Will a non-clipped side axle fit a c-clipped axle?

I snapped off a c-clipped axle and got a non-clipped axle kicking around and was wondering if I could use the non-clipped rather than hunting down a c-clipped replacement.

Thanks, Bill90XJ

You need a c-clip axle to replace your busted c-clip axle. The non clip cannot go in since there would be no way to secure the axle into the housing. The c-clip holds in your axle, where as the non c-clip is held in the housing by 4 bolts at the drum brake.

I was figuring that I could pull the bearing of the shaft and remove the mounting plate. Then put the c-clip over the slot that is in the end of the non-clip axle. The slot in the end of the non-clip axle is what made me think that this could work.

Bill90XJ

Not sure if the slot on the non-clipped axle is same diameter and would match the clip. Even with pulling the bearings, im not sure if you could make the outer bearing work....If you had the axles side by side you might be able to get a better idea.... :confused:

Back