• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another P0705 thread. No communication with TCM on bus?

munchbox

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody, new XJ owner here. I have this 2000 XJ that I've been bringing new life back into. I had a few codes mainly for TPS and O2 sensor heater which now seem to stay off, but the one that has be extremely puzzled is this P0705 code.

A list of things I have done so far with no luck:

- I've replaced the NSS with an aftermarket one. In both clocked positions, the reverse lights work like they should. The truck only starts in P or N, and not in gear.
- I've checked the continuity in NSS, and all checks out.

- Did the TCM harness tests from engine bay to cab harness for continuity and voltages (all good)

- Cleaned all engine bay grounds

- Cleaned passenger seat and rear grounds
- Replaced the new TPS with another better one
- Changed sidemarker bulbs from 168 to 194 bulbs
- Took apart and inspected TCM for any damage, all looked good.
- Tore open and inspected all wiring harnesses in the engine bay.
- Tried a hard reset of PCM by grounding the positive cable for a few minutes

The truck starts up and idles fine, goes into gear just fine, but throws this code immediately upon first startup after clearing the code.

I hooked up a diagnostic scan tool, and it wont communicate with the TCM even though it is plugged into the harness and seems to function as it should. Would that be an issue with the PCM not communicating with the TCM, or maybe a CCD BUS issue?

I have another TCM on the way, but I don't have high hopes that it will solve this issue. I've been digging into this thing for the past 2 weeks trying to correct it with no luck. So if anybody could help a guy out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back