NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Comanche MJ (1985 - 1992)
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Jeep Comanche MJ (1985 - 1992) Jeep's Cherokee-based compact pickup technical forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3rd, 2014, 17:40
NAXJA Member

Re: George

Nothing really new.

I had a few problems starting the jeep, where the power wire to the starter didnt have good contact with the battery, so I used some leftover 2/0 welding leads from when I re-wired my dodge, and made it more better...

Started with this - no wonder it wasnt getting good contact -

made these -

Changed front wheel bearings - I've never seen such small bearings, nor such cheap bearings. It was $22 for all 4 of them.

Chasing down a vibration around 55mph, that I think might be tire balance or worn steering parts - it passes the 'have your buddy turn the wheel and look for what moves before the tires' test, but has a clunk at one spot in the steering...

I'll need new tires before the fall, but otherwise, its a good daily driver.
Nothing in Moderation . . .. . . . .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . competitor #91 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Ride Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan C. View Post
As if the program is running with some high level of integrity and only the best of the best win.