• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Now living in Tucson Arizona

Walt from Ky

NAXJA Forum User
Arrived in Tucson last wensday and just got phone and internet going today. The XJ ran great all the way out and pulled a small U-Haul trailor with no problems. I ran in third all the way at about 28-2900 rpm and 65 to 70 mph. It's hot here now and the Monsoon is about over. Looking forward to the mild winter. I haven't had much time to explore yet with getting a place to live and settling in. I plan to get up into the mountains north of here this weekend. Have to start the new job on Monday. I haven't spotted any NAXJA looking XJ's yet but know that there has to be a few around. Have seen a few TJ's and CJ's though. I have to work out trying to get off for Moab in October. I have a cabin reserved for the whole week but I probably won't be able to get up there until wensday at the earliest. Its only 650 miles from Tucson so I can make it in about 10-11 hours, thats alot better than having to drive three days though. I'll post a message when i find out when i can get there. Maby someone will want the cabin for the 2-3 days before I get there. Hope to hear from some of you Arizona NAXJA people.

Anytime you are headed up north, look me up and we can get some people together to go wheeling(except that red XJ):)

Have fun in the heat. Check out Sabino Canyon and Reddington Pass.

Fergie

Walt and Fergie - check out www.azvjc.org, it's the Arizona Virtual Jeep Club. I helped start it five years ago and it has grown to over 300 last I checked. There are folks from all over the state (and a few out-of-staters like me) that keep up with it.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/arizonaXJ This group is better suited to the XJ family. AZVJC is up there in the #'s, but I droped that group a while back. There seams to be a lot of bitching going on over ther, and not much JEEP.

What side of town are you on?
I'm in the NW

Thanks Fergie, Yucca Man and Michael. I'll check out all of your leads. Michael I'm living in the east side, I found a decent apt only 2 miles from where I'll be working. Let me know about any local activities and I'll try to hook up with you. If you spot a dark green lifted 99 Xj with Rusty's flairs and a roof rack with spare pull me over. Walt from Ky.

Back