• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A WARNING - F.S. forum rules will be enforced

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
There has been issues lately with folks behaving poorly here in the For Sale forum. This has to stop, it's getting out of hand.

The rule is simple. If you don't like an item or its price move along. There is no reason to try to correct the OP because you think his/her price is wrong. Nobody cares that you can get x for $y at z. If the OP is out of line nobody will buy it; simple, right?

If you feel that a party is attempting to scam forum participants please report the post by hitting the
report.gif
button. Do not escalate the situation further than needed. Each reply to a thread bumps it; don't give them free advertising.

As a reminder you cannot use this forum for your commercial ventures. Being a legitimate vendor or a quasi-vendor does not matter. If we see you list similar items frequently we are going to have a chat with you.

Your cooperation is appreciated. Getting this in line will make for a happier experience for all.

Last edited:
In the past it was the local chapter's president (I thought at least, but it has been a while), as to if legit paying vendors could 'sell' items in their respective chapters for sale section?

Was this not correct? Or maybe this was just a long time ago, I talked to the local pres at the time, I think in '09 or '10 out at KOH about this, and seemed to remember being told it was local chapter discretion?

Not that I do it much if at all anymore. But I would have listed locale great deals that are left overs from shows, here locally and not have even guessed its not allowed (anymore). This is good to know either way.

Thanks.

I know about the history with that but it never was a completely official policy. Personally I would like to see it nailed down on a fully legitimate official basis before we proceed. I intend to have a conversation with the SoCal BOD about a local-vendor program after we've gotten some other stuff taken care of, there are considerations we'll have to make between national and local though so I cannot really give any details at this time.

Even though we know you're a vendor you can still sell occasional items that you no longer need, I'm not going to pull an ad for you selling a take-off from your rig, for example.

Of course if a vendor or suspected vendor were to abuse that and sell a similar "used" product every couple weeks action would be taken.

Understood, and thank you for addressing this.

Yes, a formal or even informal understanding would be nice on this, ultimately...

Back