• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley Closed?

You're absolutely right - my apologies for not knowing all of the facts. Got a little over excited.

I can understand your excitement!

We will need a USGS map to figure this out. The Judgment states “Prohibit use of the middle section of the route from the meadow at section 32 to meadow is the south portion of section 8”.
I have a call into the Forest Service for more information.

I tried looking up the sections but didn't have any luck. There is a map on the website but it was taking way too long to load.

I'll see what I can find in the mean time.

Thanks again for the clarification.

If I read the ruling correctly it sounds like the closure mainly centers on the meadow at the second (from Hermit Valley/HWY-4 side) water crossing. But the GPS coord's will really help to narrow that down and give us a good idea of how far we can wheel on DV. Any speculation as to wether or not it will eventually get reopened all the way thru. The ruling was a little vague about that.

I just received this from Rick Ferdon aka Friends of the Eldorado National Forest, so Rob D & EricsXJ are correct, just remember to stay out of the meadows and your cool!

The trail will be open from the south side up to the first meadow from that end.
It will be open from the Blue Lakes side to the meadow. The middle 3.18 miles is closed.
So from just before the first water crossing to just after the second water crossing is closed

Prohibit use on middle section of route from meadow at section 32 to meadow in south portion of section 8.

Rick Ferdon
Pollock Pines

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

For those of you that live in El Dorado county here's your chance to get involved in keeping the Eldorado Forest open.

The BoS approved the formation of the El Dorado County Federal Coordination Committee 4-0 (Supervisor Santiago was not present). Two representatives were added, one from the rafting industry... the other from the skiing industry. The next step is for anyone interested in being a part of the committee, is to fill out an application. The Board will have the final say on membership. I have provided a link below to the committee page on the BoS website. You will then find a link to application on the left side next to the clipboard.

http://edcapps.edcgov.us/bos/commissions/master.asp

Back