• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is a 4" lift a red light or green light for 33's

spoonman

NAXJA Forum User
i need some help! i want to go with a 4" lift kit and try to fit the bfg at's in the 33x10.5 size. i know that anything wider will probably hit but am i safe with the 10.5? also, i prefer not to trim except for maybe a teeny bit at the bottom... and thats if i have to. if anyone has done this before i would like to hear your personal experience.

4.5" lift...

15.7 rims with appx 4.75" backspacing...

33x10.50s...

Probably still going to have to trim the front lower lip of the front wheelwell at a minimum.

I still think your gonna have to trim. I had to but I do have 12.50's with a 4.5" lift. It all really depends on how much flex you would like to have.

Yes, With a good sawzall trimming 33"x10.5" with fit OK.:thumbup:

I have BFG a/t KO's in 33x9.5 (yes they come in 33xNINE.5) and 3 inches of lift. Zero trimming.

I measured before and after the lift and I really got almost exactly 3". They fit fine on the street, and can be turned lock to lock on stock rims ( at lock the LCA is less than 1/8 inch away, but there's definately daylight between them, NO rubbing).

I intend to add another 1.5 inch of lift. (bringing me to 4.5) But I took it on a trail ride as is becuase I couldn't wait any longer for the parts to come in. I left the sway's connected, and stayed on the bypasses, but I have a great time and only had very minor rubbing on the middle of the inner fender well when I was on a steep down hill, sharp left turn.

I am expecting that with 4.5 inches they will be fine, but I'll know for sure after I see for myself (hopefully next weeknd). Work schedule permitting, I'll be putting 1.5 shackles and adjustable front coil spacers on Saturady. If I have any rubbing after the extra lift, I'll just start trimming. I have not trimmed anything yet, but I'm not afraid to, I just wanted to get the full lift on before I see what needs to go. I am expecting that if any, it will not need much trimming, but this isn't my daily driver, just a weekend toy. So if I have to trim the crap out of it, so be it.

Last edited:
istockphoto807838stoplightgreenjq3.jpg

with some trimming

Back