• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smittybilt seat adapters

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used the Smittybilt 49907 seat adapters? For the life of me I cannot find seat brackets for the front seats on my 94. I have 98 seats/brackets but obviously the floor pans changed in 95. I just put new floors in the Jeep and need to find brackets. The description says fits 84-96 XJ and any seat. Can anyone tell me if these bolt into the stock spot on the earlier model floor pans? I didn't think it'd be this difficult to find seats/brackets, but the yards are picked over and craigslist is leading me to dead ends. Thanks for any help.

Not sure about the seat brackets you are asking for. But, IIRC when I was looking at seats last year vendor said that the brackets bolt-in to older XJ's. Some angle iron from later stock mounts to the floor is what some people use. Or, you can add the brace that was put in place in the later model XJ's and have it "bolt-in"

Corbeau makes brackets for the older XJ floor for their seats, may fit others as well.

I had a buddy who welds build me some adapters out of angle iron when I did it on my 94. Worked great.

The SB seat adapters are no available currently. I have used some flat stock with a couple holes punched in to allow the seat to be bolted to the factory mount.i have used the corbeau mounts before work good simple plate steel design., but will need some extra work depending on what seat your mounting. if you had a welder and some 3/16" stock you can weld one up in an afternoon.

Yeah, I've put in new floors and boatsides, as well as a lot of other metal work, was just hoping I didn't have to fab another part. But looks like ill just make my 98 ones work. Thanks guys

Back