• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mj 318 swap questions

Thegtwyo86

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all I'm new here and have a few questions about doing a 318 swap in my 1990 Comanche.i just received a 318,auto tranny and transfer case out of a grand Cherokee with the complete engine harness and computer. The questions I have are what motor mounts should I use or should I just make my own, can I use the factory exhaust manifolds or do I have to get block huggers,can I just swap the complete harness from the grand cherokee and take out the original Comanche harness or will I have to splice the two together any help will make my life a lot easier.

You most likely have the NP249 t-case, I recommend swapping it for a better one. For mounts/adapters I would check novak and aa.

You are on your own for mounts. I am about done with my Magnum swap. Look up Black Betty on Comanche Club.

I stayed EFI, OBD-I. If I had it to do again I would have went OBD-II. There is too much wiring involved in staying old school.

Yes, Look up my build on ComancheClub. It will answer 99% of your questions.

Back