• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Service Manual for 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacky

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace a head gasket in a 99 4.0.

So what would you guys recommend for replacing a head gasket?
Haynes, Chilton or the FSM?

I'm Looking to get the Factory Service Manual, but I would rather have it as a PDF file than as a book. That way I can print out the needed pages and not get my greasy mitts all over the book.
Does anyone know where to get one online? ;-)

PM me if necessary.

Zach

[Editted out by Administrator]

This is *NOT* open to discussion. Go read the FSM sticky in the top of the forum.

The FSM is the only way to fly if you're getting into diagnostics, and especially into the wiring, because these things change so frequently that the aftermarket manuals can never cover them well. For a head gasket, though, you might do all right with Haynes, although Haynes can get a little confused about differences between years, and which version they're talking about. They're usually pretty good with engine teardown stuff, and there's not much difference between a 99 and any other 4.0 in that regard.

Still, the FSM is your best bet, and expensive as it is, once you have it you'll be happy you do.

Actually, I'd prefer it if you wouldn't even post up "PM me for a link". If you want to send the original requester a PM, that's a different story.

Hey, I saw you posted on the forum about the factory service manual. Do you happen to have the PDF available? I don't know if it matters, but my Jeep is an 89. I really need one, but spending 100+ dollars on ebay is not appealing.

You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks

This thread is done.

DO NOT DISCUSS FSM LINKS OR AVAILABILITY ON THESE FORUMS.

Don't ask for one, don't provide one. Don't offer to pm the info. Don't request a pm for the info.

If you want one, spend the money. Do not use this forum to distribute copyrighted material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back