• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

factory service manual

Barger

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking for a jeep factory service manual and I'm confused:confused:
I have found cd-rom sets for as little as $15.00 that claim to cover several models and several years
I have also found printed service manuals for upwards of $75 that are year and make specfic.
Are the CD's complete?
Any experiance with the CD's?
I'm familiar with the print manuals but for the price if the CD's are as comprehensive why not??
Thanks
Barger NAXJA

You will want to ask about how the CD's were generated. I was working on scanning the printed FSMs and running them thru Acrobat Capture to make searchable, broken-down .pdf files (broken down by chapter or major chapter section.)

If you get the CD manuals, will they be .pdf? A collection of .jpg's? That would be a good question to ask. If they are .jpg's, do they come with a browser, and what naming convention was used? It would be nice to know how to find a particular section when you need it.

Just a few thoughts.... If I finish my FSM's anytime soon and offer them up, you can be I would answer these straight out and I would expect anyone else to do the same. If you are not sure, get the printed manuals.

5-90

Back