• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Door Handle Torsion Springs

devildog0

NAXJA Forum User
The torsion spring on my interior driver's door handle (95 4 door) is broken making for a floppy handle (giggitty?), I've had no luck looking locally for at hardware stores, auto parts stores or tractor supply.

I've found various kinds online but looking at a picture of a torsion spring with very little data on it makes for nothing but frustration.

Are there any lines on replacement springs? Anyone used one from an online vendor they can link me to?

Thanks for any help.

I had the same thing happen on mine, maybe a month ago. I ended up pulling the springs out of a latch at a pull it junkyard, since I was there for some other things as well. If you end up going that route, I got springs from a rear door, figuring they'd have less use than the driver's latch would.

^^That was my backup plan if no easily findable new springs are avaliable. Or I'll order a few off of amazon that I think might work and go from there. It doesn't have to be exactly the same just has to hold the handle in towards the door.

I ordered a new one from Napa today. After it comes in and I know it's the right one or will at least work I'll post the P/N

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back