• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

February AAT Workday/Leap day -- 2/29/20

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
We will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the 2N49 trailhead. The trailhead is located at the East End of Palm Avenue. Take the Palm / Kendall exit off the I-215.

The plan is to continue trimming brush back 2N49.

There are several sections along the trail if are overcome with despair and wish to leap.

That is a weekend that I have both family and friends in town, so I won't get to make it, but I certainly appreciate the efforts of those who arrange this stuff and actually make it there to do the work

the main objective will be trimming brush. bring whatever related tools you may have. I'm sure there will be a boat load of trash in the usual locations. I'll have trash bags and the MJ.

Thank you.

Hey Ryan, if you think about it could you toss my reach extenders in with your stuff. Thanks.

I'm running a little late this morning. Ryan, I sent you and Al a text.

We had a very productive day yesterday. We hauled away two truck-loads of trash and trimmed back a whole bunch of brush that was impinging onto the trail. We also found a thoroughly stripped (and no doubt stolen) JK that had been dumped over the side of the trail. Tim will report its location and VIN to the Forest Service.

dd4eb9489745e6a021f3a95796a7dfaf.jpg

Nice work.

BTW, they aren't always "stolen". Folks who don't want to keep making payments sometimes "steal" their own vehicles. We had some of those dumped out where I grew up. Get insurance to pay out for your loss while you go ahead and sell all the goodies under the table--it's like double dipping. Next thing you know you can afford a new JL.

Tom, I know you well enough to know you won't be showing up in a new JL bought with ill-gotten gains! But yes, that junk-it-and-claim-it shiz game wasn't even new when I was in high school (you know, back before TV was invented and all that).

Awesome clean up work, all! Sorry I missed it.

Back