• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME leaf packs users help please (+2")

MarantzVieta

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everybody,

well I have spent countless hours trying to figure out myself the best 2" lift for my 91 XJ limited and so far I've bought:

+2" Snake coil springs, Bilstein shocks 24-185622 and 24-185639 acording to the 2" lift, and a OMESD40 steering stabilizer.

When looking for the leaf packs, I came across with the CS034RB wich acording to everybody on the internet gave the 2" lift I am looking for, but I called to the store and the guy on the other side of the phone told me I needed the CS034RA for the left spring and the CS034RB for the right even though they have different interior height and the forums claim a 3" of lift for the first one and 2" for the CS034RB.:bawl:

Is the guy at the store correct or should I follow the internet recomendations and buy both leaf packs the same?

Thanks everybody.

Marantz

The guy at the parts store is an idiot.
The 2 have different spring rates and lifts.

I highly suggest you try a different vendor like dpgoffroad or one of our supporting vendors

hi!

thanks for your fast respones. As I suspected the guy is wrong...

I found this info on the OME page regarding the springs. Look at the side note numer 2, where it says to use A/A Or B/B. What does it mean "Where near level rake is desired"¿¿

pantalones.jpg

click on the image to make it larger

I'm from spain so buying from the same stores as you guys is impssible and my english also isn't perfect. I should go with the B leafs on boths sides, am I right?

thank you again!!!

I think you will find that CS034RB is discontinued and you will be ordering CS033RB.

I just installed a pair of CS033RB leaf springs this past February. They are working out to about 2" of lift for me, with no leafs removed. It may be worth noting that my gas tank now holds 26 gallons and I have a cargo box on my roof. My weight may be a bit heavier, but no roll cage.

Whatever you do, spare yourself the pain of dealing with East Coast Jeeps if you are thinking of ordering through Amazon (I have no idea what your options are in Spain--just a word of warning if this is one of them). If there is no shipping advantage to ordering the springs both at once then I highly recommend ordering them one at a time, with several days between the two orders. Standard practice is to simply slap a shipping label on the spring and send it out the door. One by itself is fine, but two of them rattling against each other across several thousand miles means that they damage each other. I had one arrive as a taped up bundle of leafs with no center pin. Both had the plastic guides on the clamps broken up. ARB will try to help, but it is best to avoid the problem in the first place.

I put the CS033RB leafs & 934 coils on my Jeep about 2-1/2 years ago. With one leaf removed it rides about 20.25-20.5" from bottom of fender trim to center of wheel cap. There is no extra weight such as roof racks, heavy bumpers, and stuff like that to weight it down.

I think a lot of the vendors just drop ship from ARB and ARB just tapes a UPS label to the bare spring pack. Mine came undamaged.

I put the CS033RB leafs & 934 coils on my Jeep about 2-1/2 years ago. With one leaf removed it rides about 20.25-20.5" from bottom of fender trim to center of wheel cap. There is no extra weight such as roof racks, heavy bumpers, and stuff like that to weight it down.

I think a lot of the vendors just drop ship from ARB and ARB just tapes a UPS label to the bare spring pack. Mine came undamaged.

Same, after 2 years with the overload leaf removed and a 3/4" Rusty's shackle, I'm still sitting at 4" over stock. I only have a Detours Tailbone and 31" spare out back, no extra armor or weight.

My springs also just had a label and shrink wrap, but came undamaged.

Installed a set of CS033RB springs on my near stock 1997 XJ. It netted 3-1/2", too much for this rig.
Removing one leaf on each side, as suggested by OME, dropped it an inch to 2-1//2".
The ride height is dependent on how much the rear weighs.

Back