• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

V8 ZJ tie rod boot

96 XJ Sport

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and searched the forum and can't find this answer anywhere.

I bought a V8 ZJ tie rod at the JY, but the tie rod boot is busted. It's not the tie rod end boot, but on the other end where the tie rod connects to the drag link. Part numbers or sizes would be snazzy. I'd rather go with poly if available. Thanks.

Awesome. Don't know how I missed your thread in my search. So the part #9.13101R works for both the tie rod ends and the tie rod/drag link joint?

I just looked it up myself on the autozone website, it seems it would work for all TRE and centerlink boot. All mine are shot anyways so i would get 4 and try it out.

Awesome. Don't know how I missed your thread in my search. So the part #9.13101R works for both the tie rod ends and the tie rod/drag link joint?

Yeah I replaced them all with the same boot. I just cut the old boots off with a razor knife.

I'm having second thoughts on whether or not to use these poly boots.

On one hand i can see that they would be pretty durable and seal well.

On the other hand I dont know if they would get really HARD in the winter and create binding when turning. I'm up near the Chicago area just into Indiana and I dont know if the rubber would be better.

I've never run anything with poly so I dont know what to expect in different weather changes. Anyone with some first hand knowledge, I could use the tips.

I just replaced a TRE boot with the black rubber one, so I thought I would add this bit.

The Dorman / Help current part number is13562. The cost at the local PartsPlus was $4.55. I picked up the NAPA equivalent part, number 650-1176 for $3.29 locally.

I just replaced a TRE boot with the black rubber one, so I thought I would add this bit.

The Dorman / Help current part number is13562. The cost at the local PartsPlus was $4.55. I picked up the NAPA equivalent part, number 650-1176 for $3.29 locally.

old thread from the dead, but yes you can get the help black boots too, but the poly ones cost the same or less and will last longer and take more abuse. I have ran both over the past 5 years & always keep the poly as spares.

Back