• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep shuts off when...

TsizeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
When completely flexed out my jeep shuts off :dunno: i have a BB on 31" BFGs M/Ts ...example.. yesterday i was wheeling at the local spot and i went into a deep whole and caused my jeep to flex out front and back! it was awesome but my jeep strarted idleing rough and then shut off. the jeep itself wasnt off camber or anything and had plenty of gas in it so i thought about it and got out and looked around and there is no reason for it to shut off. i figured oh well maybe it was a fluke but it did that the rest of the day.... please help!

Last edited:
ive done that once before backing down a hill climb... but its weird casue i got out and looked and nothing was hung up or anything. it started back up but as soon as i put it into drive it died again????

Could be:
Front drive shaft hit the exhaust downpipe, to the left of the engine.
Mine put a kink in it. when it goes up it would close it off.

Tranny fluid: I have the 5speed so i Can't help you there.

CPS: is your tranny loose? ( think if you search you will find horror stories)

Engine Mount?
Is your ground wire off?

Battery Cable?
does everything die or just the engine?

Wish i could help
Good luck

I've never killed mine, but a friend of mine has this problem. His only does it when he's at or below 1/4 tank of gas. He flexes it so much the fuel pick-up doesn't get enough fuel to the injectors. The gauge takes awhile to respond to this so it'll still show that you have a 1/4. I bet if you sit there for a good 3 minutes or so your gas gauge should go past E.

Just a thought, other than that... no idea.

originally posted by rocklandxjer :
what year, if its carbeurated you mighnt not have been getting feul in the through the throttle body, if its newer, beets me

you sir need to lay off the sauce.:confused1

some of the other posts are headed in the right direction, as was said check all grounds start wiggling plugs including the ones to the tranny, and inspect the exhaust.

with what everyone is saying i think it might be the tranny. mine is the auto and i hate it. i always have a hose or something leaking on me. my luck something is comeing loose. when i get off work im gonna go check it all out. thanks for the help! ill let everyone know what happens

Check to make sure your spark plug wires arent contacting a metal surface when you are at certain angles. Could be that one or more are grounding out.

Back