• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I was searching XJDB......

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Inspired by a thread over on mod tech. I decided to go look around at the chop tops linky here

I must say that there are some VERY impressive rigs out there. I was going to dump my next chop top xj project for a cj7 that I had just purchased for parts, but the xj has a way better look to it. It's got too much sheetmetal to protect, that's the only problem I have with building it right now. Strange but true, I want to keep this next one looking good while still doing all the hardest trails the country has to offer.

Oh and Crash, if you're reading this, I'm collecting parts for my comp buggy as well. I'm in possesion of a certain flat 4 motor and a tranny case to make my adapter to the aw4.

"I want to keep this next one looking good" .... Then you better not let your parents drive it...geesh look what they did to that once beautiful green XJ :wave:

Yes, there are some impressive chopped rigs out there.

This isn't one of them, real POS and the owner is a flake. I think I met him once:
1ton.jpg

OneTonXJ said:
Inspired by a thread over on mod tech. I decided to go look around at the chop tops linky here

I must say that there are some VERY impressive rigs out there. I was going to dump my next chop top xj project for a cj7 that I had just purchased for parts, but the xj has a way better look to it. It's got too much sheetmetal to protect, that's the only problem I have with building it right now. Strange but true, I want to keep this next one looking good while still doing all the hardest trails the country has to offer.

Oh and Crash, if you're reading this, I'm collecting parts for my comp buggy as well. I'm in possesion of a certain flat 4 motor and a tranny case to make my adapter to the aw4.

thumbup.gif
Good Sh!t

Lincoln said:
This isn't one of them, real POS and the owner is a flake. I think I met him once:
1ton.jpg

That thing is big junk(so much so that it's been retired), and the owner is DEFINATELY a flake. :wave:

OneTonXJ said:

My buddy drove a "certain flat-4" this weekend at Sand Mountain. 500hp. Carried the front wheels on a 4 person sand rail with no trouble.

Let out some wicked flames when the blow off valve opened.

CRASH

Back