• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Breather?

97XJ2

NAXJA Forum User
Does the AW4 (or the 242 t-case for that matter) have a breather tube or anything that is open to the atmosphere that I would have to worry about water getting into when doing a water crossing? Reason I ask is I have a TH400 for a different project in my basement that does have a little breather tube on top.

97XJ2 said:
Does the AW4 (or the 242 t-case for that matter) have a breather tube or anything that is open to the atmosphere that I would have to worry about water getting into when doing a water crossing? Reason I ask is I have a TH400 for a different project in my basement that does have a little breather tube on top.

both the AW4 and the NP242 have breather tubes. They're extended away from the trans. tunnel, but you can extend them farther for safety if needed.

The AW4 gets pushed up by the trans dipstick and the 242 should be attached to the passenger side upper bellhousing bolt way the heck up there.

Thanks, that helps a lot. Shouldn't be too big a prob then.

Back