• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS code 30

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I picked up another XJ recently, plan to use it for backup DD / winter driver. I am trying to get some stuff fixed so I can take it through MD inspection. The big thing is the ABS light is always on.

I borrowed a friend's Snap-On MT2500 with a universal cartridge (he's a Ford master tech) and it is able to read / monitor the ABS module. It is reporting ABS code 30 -- Motor Circuit Fault. I clear the codes and it comes right back next key cycle.

Everything I'm reading says the control module is probably defective, so I bought another one from a part-out to swap. Same thing, cleared the old 30 and it comes right back. I popped open my original module to see if it had a faulty solder (per the youtube video) but the solder looks great and my multimeter is happy at all contact points.

In ABS monitor mode, the MT2500 shows base voltage accurately (engine off and / or running). It also shows the G switches and wheel speeds accurately but they aren't my problem. I cleaned the 40A primary fuse anyway, made no difference to anything.

I need ideas. Thanks

Back