• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5in lift rear leaf springs?

Wlf_02

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 6.5in loft on my xj and I’m replacing the leafs in the rear and I’m wondering what the best setup is. Should I run 4.5 springs, shackle relocation bracket, and a drop shack or should I run 6.5 in leafs with stock shackle? Or is there someway to run 5.5in leafs with the shackle relocation? Also Im looking for the best setup for rock crawling.

I’d run the relocation bracket and shackles, much better ride.

I have a 6.5in loft on my xj and I’m replacing the leafs in the rear and I’m wondering what the best setup is. Should I run 4.5 springs, shackle relocation bracket, and a drop shack or should I run 6.5 in leafs with stock shackle? Or is there someway to run 5.5in leafs with the shackle relocation? Also Im looking for the best setup for rock crawling.

I'd run a 4.5" leaf, relocation brackets, and Boostwerks shackles.

What size tires are you running?

For rock crawling you want the lowest C.G. possible so I would consider lowering it some. Since all your existing components effect your decision on new rear springs, what does your current set-up consist of?

I have Rusty’s 6.5in lift(ordering a Clayton 3link soon),D30 high pinion with locker and 8.25 with locker in the rear(considering going to an 8.8 when I ge the money), heavy duty steering and trackbar. I would love to go to 37 but would have to get jk axles and I don’t have the money for that

I have Rusty’s 6.5in lift(ordering a Clayton 3link soon),D30 high pinion with locker and 8.25 with locker in the rear(considering going to an 8.8 when I ge the money), heavy duty steering and trackbar. I would love to go to 37 but would have to get jk axles and I don’t have the money for that
8.8 can handle 37. Keep front open or go chromoly

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back