• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for an axle vent screw for 8.25

ljobbins

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I acquired an 8.25 to swap in place of my 35 but the new one did not include the vent screw at the brake line tee. I ordered one from team Cherokee last week but they have not shipped it yet. I tried the junkyard near me and the dealership and amazon prime. No one has it around me. If anyone has an extra one I can have, buy, or borrow until the one I ordered shows up I would really appreciate it. Or if anyone knows of a generic one I can get from a normal parts store that would be great too. Thanks

P.s. I’m in north San Diego county.

Aren't they a standard NPT / barbed fitted? I used brass fittings on my axles; they are not 8-1/4s, though.

No.

They are a hollow bolt with a nipple on the top.

Unlike the D44 which has a bolt for the brake line block and a separate nipple for the vent, the 8.25 blends those two components into one.

Last edited:
I may have some at the house.....I'd need to look when I get home.

Otherwise it is easily remedied with a NPT barbed fitting and welding a bolt on the tube to retain the brake line T

I thought about just throwing a bolt in and then drilling and tapping another hole to use the vent from my Dana 35 but I would really like to avoid another hole.

Well I don’t know how to weld so... let me know if you have one.

Crap.....I forgot to look last night :(

Send me a PM tonight and hopefully that will remind me to check.

I thought about just throwing a bolt in and then drilling and tapping another hole to use the vent from my Dana 35 but I would really like to avoid another hole.

Any holes you add can be welded back up and no one would ever know there was a hole there if done right ;)

Any holes you add can be welded back up and no one would ever know there was a hole there if done right ;)
:wstupid:
Booger welds and Bondo!

Back