• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CAT HEAT SHIELD

maine96xj

NAXJA Forum User
is the heat shield over the cat needed? can it be taken off? mine rattles like a SOB and i was wondering if it can just be removed.

Thanks

Sure you can remove it if you want to have your floor hotter than a grill. Hotter than a cat on a hot tin roof.
That heat shield is there for a reason. If you don't care about the heat then remove it.

If you keep it you can use RTV, or screws or pop rivets to resecure it.

Totally depends on how you care about your rig.

Yes. I think that they cause fires, when grass gets caught up in them (I have started 1 fire because of the catalytic heat shield).

The floor is going to get HOT and seeing as you are from ME you will prob. see some steam coming from pass. side floor from all the moisture trapped in the carpet padding.
I removed my carpet while I'm replacing my floor pans and the carpet is not going back in but the CAT heat shield will.

keep the shield on get it welded on so it doesnt rattle. the guy at the muffler shop put mine at the bottom to protect from catching grass on fire also my floorboard got cooked. ruined the carpet and smelled like burning plastic..

Back