• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 XJ here we go again

That RPM to MPH combination seem a little low on the RPM scale. What transmission, tire size and gear ratio combination does the XJ have? I think the 4.0L power band is about 2300 to 2500 RPM and should yield better mileage.

i tried last week what you were saying, keeping my RPM's around the 2300 range. i got 13.4MPG i think i will just go back to my 1700RPM's

AX15 with 33x12.50x15 and 3.08 gears, i get 17.5 MPG on the freeway and my speedometer is corrected. it has plenty of power to go on up to 85, havent pushed it past 85 yet.

That "might" be possible on flat land and up to speed with 50psi in your tires but, there's no way it would pull that on the grades. I would lose you in within a minute in the mountains.

That "might" be possible on flat land and up to speed with 50psi in your tires but, there's no way it would pull that on the grades. I would lose you in within a minute in the mountains.

good for you, but im not commuting through the mountains, its rolling hills here.

and im at 35PSI

You don't go anywhere and wheel your Jeep? I've got almost everything west of the Mississippi covered and a couple places east(plus I always tow my trailer). I bet it would be a nightmare at 14,000 ft elevation!

well the Jetta was in the shop for like a month and a half, almost 2 months with electrical issues, so i was driving the jeep. driving it every day for 100 miles a day just reaffirmed that it needed a lot more work to get it where i wanted it and a guy at work has been offering me money so... with the Jetta out of the shop, the jeep is now sold for a nice profit.

Back