• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about installing adj control arms.

hiimmred

NAXJA Forum User
So I got some new RC adjustable upper and lower control arms today (yeah!) and I was reading the install instructions and it says to remove the coil spring retainer and lower shock bolts sway bar etc.. My question is is this really necessary? It doesn't appear that there is any interference from any of these items, is it so the axle can be moved more freely or what? Thanks in advance for any info.

Ed

if anything, maybe the swaybay links.. just jack it up enough to take the load off of the springs and do one at a time.

rob

When i did mine i just removed the control arms and didn't mess with anything else, i didn't even put a jack under it. Just do one side at a time.

i do one side at a time, i have a jack under the frame on each side and under the axle so i can tweak it up or down to get the holes to line up easier.
ive heard they say do uppers first, and thats what i do...

Back