• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep towing options

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
1998 XJ
AMC 4.0 I6
Auto w/4wd
3.5' lift

So I have a lift on my jeep. And I know some people I can go off roading with. But if I get stuck I have no way of getting pulled out. No hitch and no bull bars. I know it's sad but hey one thing at a time right?

What options do I have for towing? What can I buy and install because I'm not putting that stress on them.
Thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rear hitch and front tow hooks would be a good place to start. You don't want to be "that guy" who gets stuck and has no solid points to attach a winch cable to.

Rear hitch for sure gives a lot of options. I was going to go towhooks up front but went with a front mounted hitch instead.

It strengthens/braces the front end allows for wider recovery angles without bending things and since I wanted to keep the stock bumpers allows me to do that and gives me good recovery points and in the future a reciever mounted winch.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Rear hitch for sure gives a lot of options. I was going to go towhooks up front but went with a front mounted hitch instead.

It strengthens/braces the front end allows for wider recovery angles without bending things and since I wanted to keep the stock bumpers allows me to do that and gives me good recovery points and in the future a reciever mounted winch.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Huh, okay hitch it is

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back