• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle Position Cal. Need Help!

PuddinHead

NAXJA Forum User
I either have a bad TPS or some bad info on how to calibrate. My Renix book says the supply voltage should be about 5 volts and output voltage adjustment (return to ECM) should be set ideally 4.15 volts, the most I can get is maybe 1 volt output.:confused: What should I be getting??

And when I check with the sensor disconnected I measure resistance across the sensor @ 4000 ohms but between the return (output) and input I get 5000 to 6000 ohms. That don't sound right to me.

BTW does anybody know which connector to the TPS is for the ECM and which is for the tranny controller? I've been assuming the long oval connector is for the ECM and the square connector is for the tranny. Thanks for any help ahead of time.

The Tranny one is the square one Hey PM me and I will see what I can do to help you.

Read through Ecomike's thread. I was checking for wrong voltage on the wrong TPS plug. :eek: Sorry about that. May still have a bad TPS. Double test tomorrow with Mike's data for backup.

Back