• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 quest...

tompatjr

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, guys I have been combing the area around my house for a XJ with a D44. No luck yet, Crazy though all have been D35's not one 8.25 corp. Anyway if you want any parts I will keep a eye out for you. Two that I saw today

1) 1986 2.8L, good body, no engine, no trans, D30 disco front, D35 RR, Skid on fuel tank, blood red int., headliner in good shape, map lights front, and dome in rear. price don't know

2) 1988 complete 4.0l, doesn't run, 209K, large dent in rear quarter, int in very good condition (except Dr seat) also blood red. Guy (car lot owner) said it had a completely reworked head put on six month ago and ran for a very short time (30 mins) then quit and has not been fooled with since. Head did look new. Part time transfer case, auto, D30 Disco front, D35 rear, tow hook package, front skid plate, fuel skid, looked like a decent rig with some TLC. 500.00 gets it.

Anyway I will be posting under D44 Quest 1, 2 with different XJ's and so on until I find a D44. So if you would like anything on these let me know and I will put you in contact with the owners, BTW I'm close to Montgomery, AL. I saw two more that I will try and speak with the owner this weekend. I will post these later.

I will also take my digi cam so if I need to I can send pics, of future jeeps.

Last edited:
Good luck. They're pretty rare... look for 87-89's with the 4.0L, I'm not sure if they came in any with the V6 or 4 cyl.

Me, I got lucky and bought one with a D44 without even knowing what I was looking for. Just luck of the draw I guess, it's an 87 with NO towing package.

Keep your eye's open in the "for sale" forum on here. That is where I got mine. You should also try to find some local Jeep Clubs in your area and check their "for sale" forums. I've also seen a few on Ebay..

Back