• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer Tires

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
Anyone have experience with current production Interco trailer tires?

I have a 10K trailer running 225 75 R15 load range E that need replacing.

--Matt

Ebay cheapies on mine...have been ever bit as good if not better than maxxis i had on there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Woah, I have never tried to install Interco tire on my car but it has good reviews online. Also, the tread pattern this tire manufacture look so intense. It seems like they are created for heavy towing jobs.

Woah, I have never tried to install Interco tire on my car but it has good reviews online. Also, the tread pattern this tire manufacture look so intense. It seems like they are created for heavy towing jobs.

Calvin,

Not sure which tires you are looking at, but the Trailer-Tracs look like 90% of the trailer tires on the market for the past 15 years.

I really hope you aren't thinking we are talking about putting TSLs on our trailers.

--Matt

Im running maxxis radials... seem to hold up better than the bias ply's I was using.

John,

I looked at the Maxxi, nice tire but not sure I can justify the cost for the limited use this trailer will see. This is for the boat trailer.

--Matt

10k? That's a helluva boat.

I've been running the cheapest tires I can find on Amazon with free shipping. They are 205-75-15. I put tons of miles on my trailer, usually loaded at around 6k...jeep and trailer. Never a single failure and they wear well.

The last 5 trips have been high speed (85 max) out of necessity. Still no issues.

10k? That's a helluva boat.

The boat is about 6K, maybe a little less, the trailer about 2K.

It is, however, still a bad ass boat. 30' custom Andrews.

The manufacturer rates the trailer at 10K combined.

superunknown_on_trailer.jpg

Copy that, mine is just a 20 ft day cruiser. Probably 6k for boat and trailer at the most.

John,

Power or sail? Who built her?

My boat is originally from Cali. Built in Truckee and I believe Long Beach was her home port even though the transom said Channel Islands.

Power, SKV with a 350 chevy prop drive. Sailing sounds fun, but I've always been partial to engines ;)

Back