• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clinometer?

I don't have one. Seems when you're in a position where you might want to refer to it, you're too busy keeping the high side tires on the ground, you wouldn't be able to look at it.
Anyway when the high side tires come off the ground, you usually went too far. :rolleyes:

That's pretty much what I was thinking... but it would be fun to get a pic of the guage while the jeep was on it's side :)

I am admittedly a big wuss offroad, especially on off camber sections. I do use the gauge and it has helped me get more comfortable knowing that although it may feel like I am really leaning, that 35 degrees, etc.., isn't going to be enough to do it. Just allows me to be more confident when I need to steer up an off camber section when my body is normally in full pucker mode.

Gear, passengers, tire pressure and fuel level will all change your CoG...so just because you were able to get to safely tip to one level doesn't mean you can do it another time. Save the money and buy a new set of muffler bearings instead.

Yah i was going to get a clinometer but now i have to buy headlight fluid instead. What kinds have you guys had good luck with? (longlasting, for high milage headlights?

So you're saying don't bother getting a clinometer? :ROFL: I'm glad to see you guys have a good sense of humor here :)

MGrobe said:
I am admittedly a big wuss offroad, especially on off camber sections. I do use the gauge and it has helped me get more comfortable when my body is normally in full pucker mode.

your body is in full PUCKER mode ? Shouldn't that be your SPHINCTER is in full pucker mode... :confused1

full pucker = that choking feeling you get until you can step out of your rig and pull your a$$$holedown from around your neck....
you know the feeling.... when you know you are right at that balancing point and you are hoping there are no rocks on the uphill side that will bump you just a lil too far.....

mike

sidriptide said:
full pucker = that choking feeling you get until you can step out of your rig and pull your a$$$holedown from around your neck....
you know the feeling.... when you know you are right at that balancing point and you are hoping there are no rocks on the uphill side that will bump you just a lil too far.....

mike

ohhh.... so it's the" when your SWALLOWING your sphincter " feeling... I had that when I got married... :looney:

red91inWA said:
ohhh.... so it's the" when your SWALLOWING your sphincter " feeling... I had that when I got married... :looney:

no that was your nads crawling down your leg and up into her pocketbook.. but very similar..

mike

Back