• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone seen these air deflectors before?

zluster

NAXJA Forum User
https://youtu.be/m983TZ5Gvdo

Per the video, these were totally new to me, nearest I can figure they were part of the upcountry package for some reason? Seems like it was HD cooling but not for part of a tow package.

Just oddly optioned that I hadn't seen before, curious if anyone knew more.

https://youtu.be/m983TZ5Gvdo

Per the video, these were totally new to me, nearest I can figure they were part of the upcountry package for some reason? Seems like it was HD cooling but not for part of a tow package.

Just oddly optioned that I hadn't seen before, curious if anyone knew more.

My 1994 XJ had them and no tow package. It had always ran cooler than the 1996. Still cannot figure why,...or did that had something to do with it?

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

I never saw any before, but I did the same thing with some silicone rubber sheet.

Since it looks as if the rubber-flap air-deflectors were OEM genuine Jeep factory parts, and the vehicle had an oil-cooler fitted as well, but no tow hitch, I wonder if that particular vehicle was built to Middle East spec for use in hot climates?

I believe Jeep XJs were built or assembled in Egypt for some time from CKD kits. They would likely have been the fairly basic versions. Maybe this configuration was for those markets, and somehow the vehicle ended up in a US junkyard....?

I haven't seen them before but have seen something else odd. My hp30 came from the factory set up for either left or right hand drive.

I haven't seen them before but have seen something else odd. My hp30 came from the factory set up for either left or right hand drive.

Yeah right, what do you think you see?

Yes, it better directs/controls where the air flows.

I should add that I did it to get more cold air to the air cleaner box.

What are these deflectors? the youtube link (youtu.be???) does not open for me, so I cant see it. are these some sort of guides to direct more air thru the radiator verses around it or...

Thanks!

They are black rubber flaps similar to what you will find behind the bumper, around inner fenders and often over upper A-arms on other vehicles. In this application they are working as air diverters to try to catch more of the air coming through the grill and funnel it through the radiator.

If you want to search for the video the title is "Odd junkyard find on an XJ." posted up by "COrobotchicken".

Maybe a special service police package, I see in the video that the switch panel is missing out of the dash, could have been the 4 switch panel in police Xj's ???

Back