• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog light toggle switch 4 wire pigtail

tumble

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to use OEM fog light switches for new off road lights. I've got two NOS switches, but I need the matching 4 wire connectors. I've been searching online for the connectors and haven't found the right part number.

I can wait for the right Jeep to arrive at the junk yard, but I'd like to order them if possible. Does anybody know a source for these?

You're right, I've got one connector that is attached to some factory harness that I'll re-use. I need a second connector for the rear lights.

I've just finished a JCR bumper install, and I'd planned to add my new rear lights on a reverse light relay, but I pretty quickly realized how bright they are and that I'd eventually get into trouble with that setup on a DD. I need a separate switch for them.

I've got a 5 switch panel from GCT Enterprises on the way as well. I'm looking forward to having it all put back together and looking fairly stock.

I am guessing we are talking about '97 and up XJ's. They are in any of those years whether they came with fog lights or not. In a Jeep that did not come with fog lights just remove the bezel and you will see the wires plugged in behind the blank.

Not sure if this would help or is a good idea with aftermarket lights but I put factory fogs in an '00 that did not come with them. Did a little write up. This might give you a little insight to do what you want to do.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/factory-fog-lights-00-xj-did-not-come-them-220836/

Thanks @Ralph77, much appreciated. I hadn't probed around to sort out which was the illumination wire. That's really helpful!

same switch is used in TJs too. If you get desperate Davey’s Jeeps probably has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Ralph77, much appreciated. I hadn't probed around to sort out which was the illumination wire. That's really helpful!

No problem. There is a guy selling fog light pigtails on Ebay. $14. That is just not right. For something that is, to the best of my knowledge, in every '97 to '01 Jeep in the boneyard. That is the kind of thing that you could probably get for free just because when the time does come it will get crushed with the Jeep.

Oh I almost forgot. I think somebody wrote that the rear defogger pigtail will work too. Think a couple of the wires are different colors but you can figure that out. A key way will need to be ground off. They do stuff like this at the factory so the rear defogger pigtail can not be put in the fog light switch.

Talking about the defogger pigtail not the switch.

It is just wires. If it will fit in the fog light switch correctly there is no reason that it could not be hooked up to use aftermarket lights with a factory fog light switch if you need to scrounge for pigtails.

Back