• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock shackles brand recommendations?

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
So far I have these 3 as choices. Any iinput or recommendations for one over the others?

Dorman
Crown
Omix-Ada.

Dormans are the most $ but appear the same as the other brands fwiw. The only bushing I'll be using is the frame side one. My IRO kit's poly ones will remain in the spring eye.

Everything from Crown Automotive or Omix-Ada I have ordered either fit poorly, wore out quickly, or did both at once.

I've got 2 set of stock shackles that have poly bushing and are drilled with grease fittings.

I dont know anything on dorman really, but Ide go those over crown, omix, just because Ive read many unsatisfactory comments on the other two for various products. I have a 3.5 lift and Iron rock shackles that provide stock mounting holes and another hole for .75" lift I think, I used stock. They are pretty beefy and greasable. https://www.ironrockoffroad.com/product/xj-heavy-duty-adjustable-lift-shackle.html

Do those hang up at all running them at stock length? The other end doesn't catch or hit the shackle box?

Nevermind hahaha! I am dumb and got things turned around in my head.
One look and SMH
I think I may go for those.
Thanks 4x4JeePmaNthINg !!!
Already got the 3" full spring pack of theirs and coils, might as well compleete things.
Then LCA's, another inch, SYE etc.

Back