• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBDII scanner

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
If anyone needs to scan a CEL, lemme know, I bought a scanner since I'm always havin to scan something on the Jeep. Don't know if you're aware yet but in CA we can't borrow the scanners anymore, at least not at Auto Zone. Apparently the shops that charge for diagnostics complained to the state. I figured it's $129 at Palm Springs Ford for a diagnostic, $50+ at local shops, might as well.

P.S. There may be a small fee to try and recoup some of my cost, but only like $5 or so. :)

LOL! I just broke down and bought one too.

Darky said:
If anyone needs to scan a CEL, lemme know, I bought a scanner since I'm always havin to scan something on the Jeep. Don't know if you're aware yet but in CA we can't borrow the scanners anymore, at least not at Auto Zone. Apparently the shops that charge for diagnostics complained to the state. I figured it's $129 at Palm Springs Ford for a diagnostic, $50+ at local shops, might as well.

P.S. There may be a small fee to try and recoup some of my cost, but only like $5 or so. :)
Damn...you mean I'm supposed to charge $50??? time to up the rates :D

Damn you guy's are cheap... I usually get $125.00 to hook up the lap top with OBDII software to diagnose stuff.. I like it because unlike the vatozone scanner I can read live data threw the can bus....

YUP... just saw this shiet at autozone as well... i had to buy one.... better than taking it to the dealer i guess.

so if in/or around santa clarta, come borrow mine if you want.

JOe

Clean-RC said:
I like it because unlike the vatozone scanner I can read live data threw the can bus....
I can too. Haven't got a clue what to do with it, though.

Clean-RC said:
Damn you guy's are cheap... I usually get $125.00 to hook up the lap top with OBDII software to diagnose stuff.. I like it because unlike the vatozone scanner I can read live data threw the can bus....
Wait till you get to play with one that you can change parameters in live time and see how the car's systems react. Its a great tool in many ways. I bit the bullet and bought one after watching my boss tune his Mercedes in our parking lot from his laptop. Worth every penny and it's paid for it self and then some just in fuel savings on our f-150

gerroffroad.com said:
Wait till you get to play with one that you can change parameters in live time and see how the car's systems react. Its a great tool in many ways. I bit the bullet and bought one after watching my boss tune his Mercedes in our parking lot from his laptop. Worth every penny and it's paid for it self and then some just in fuel savings on our f-150

Which software is that Dan? I would love to screw around with that stuff.

silverslk said:
Which software is that Dan? I would love to screw around with that stuff.
My boss got it through the dealership he worked for Its done by Bosch Im not sure it has a actual name but it is version 6.1

Id be glad to let ya play with it if you wana come out here some weekend, it's kinda fun to mess with

Last edited:
Id be glad to let ya play with it if you wana come out here some weekend, it's kinda fun to mess with..

Ok guys, there may be kids reading this :shhh: Sorry had too

Back