• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oem or mod thread? idk

the_chief

NAXJA Forum User
imagine you were retiring an xj from 4 wheeling. what's the highest you could lift without replacing front end components, lca, uca, others.

my rig is on 4" with just springs fr and rr. i haven't had any probs, but it's never gonna touch another trail. i want to throw a 1.75" spacer/shackle combo on for appearance only. you know, poser style. :wierd:

anything you'd recco immediately, keep in mind i'm talknig 45mph around town, not cross country trips.

edit: 88 cheif with stock rr ds and all stock front. 5 degree shims on rear and one inch tc drop.

thanks in advance. dave

ps axle swap is complete including brakes. thanks to k-fav on co4x4!

Without replacing LCAs? I'd say you're already there - maybe a few inches higher if you use Drop Brackets. At that height, the stock LCA angle is pretty steep and the ride is pretty rough, even at sub-45mph town speeds.

the_cheif said:

Are you misspelling that on purpose? Everytime I see that, It freaks me out.

I was thinking lca's at least too.

hey andrew, don't worry bud, i'm hopin you enjoy your last game of the season today. :wave:

mingo
, would you believe have i honestly never noticed that. i'm not kidding. I'll see if i can get the name fixed.

bigwhitey said:
I have some fixed length 6" lift control arms I'll sell ya for fifty bucks.

what brand?

just the lowers i'd imagine? can i use the stock uppers with 'em?

are the bushings alright?

would I have to change anything else?

so much for denver eh? steelers beat the piss out of us!

Back