• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where exactly is Sierra chapter centered?

PapaPump

NAXJA Forum User
I am just curious about what chapter I would be closest to. Sounds like its you guys. Northwest sounds more like my location, but they are mostly from Washington. I definitely wouldn't classify myself as SoCal, just as you guys haven't. I don't think NorCal would have enough members if there were one, as half of them are already in Sierra. I am about 4.5 hours from Sacramento, on the North Coast.

ChuckD said:
Sierra is pretty big, as far as CA, it stretches to you all the way down to Bakersfield. We actually share Bakersfield with So Cal. So Gary if you really want to claim a center, I would say it would have to be a lot closer to Fresno. :laugh3:

Sacramento is the capital of California and incidently the Sierra Chapter. It's central location and the fact that many people pass through it to go to the Sierra trails like the Rubicon and Fordyce makes it so.
Troy

From the Sierra chapter sticky:

SC boundaries are:
South- City of Bakersfield
North- Oregon border
West- Pacific Ocean
East- Western Nevada

Pretty much all of California North of Bakersfield.

Big Red said:
Sacramento is the capital of California and incidently the Sierra Chapter. It's central location and the fact that many people pass through it to go to the Sierra trails like the Rubicon and Fordyce makes it so.
Troy

Wow, BR thanks for the Geography lesson! Of course if this was a geography class you would just get a B. Remember Sacramento isn't the only way to the Sierra/Nevadas and we are taking about our very loosely defined SC borders. :moon:

http://www.sierranevadaphotos.com/maps.html
A link for your enlightenment!

i think from that sticky (whoops missed that one) i would be included, as it looks as all of norcal is grouped in sierra. i am on the coast directly west of redding and red bluff. as far as what trails i run...just forest service roads so far and snow. have fun...

ChuckD said:
Wow, BR thanks for the Geography lesson! Of course if this was a geography class you would just get a B. Remember Sacramento isn't the only way to the Sierra/Nevadas and we are taking about our very loosely defined SC borders. :moon:

http://www.sierranevadaphotos.com/maps.html
A link for your enlightenment!

Thanks for the link to that site. I like it. Most people come through Sac to get to the Con & Fordyce and many of the members are in the Bay Area or Sac metro.

considering all the Sierra chapter meetings I've ever seen have been in the Sac area, and probably 80% of Sierra members are within an hour of Sac...

SACRAMENTO

the only downside to this position is that it requires agreeing with Troy :laugh3:

BrettM said:
the only downside to this position is that it requires agreeing with Troy :laugh3:
OUCH! Now you have been quoted agreeing with him!:smootch:
J/K BrettM

I say the Sierra chapter is centered in SF, because that is where our beloved Sierra Chapter President is from! :dunce:

Letterman said:
J/K BrettM

I say the Sierra chapter is centered in SF, because that is where our beloved Sierra Chapter President is from! :dunce:

Beloved?????????????????????????????????

:puke:

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Beloved?????????????????????????????????

:puke:

hinkley

I'm sure he meant Beveled.

Letterman said:
J/K BrettM
:dunce:

Dude, shut up you round headlighted TJ owner. You have to get your $ worth on this site still huh??? :laugh3:

Big Red said:
Dude, shut up you round headlighted TJ owner. You have to get your $ worth on this site still huh??? :laugh3:

"Tact", look it up in the dictionary. I suggest you get some.

Jes said:
"Tact", look it up in the dictionary. I suggest you get some.

Jes, like anybody really cares what he says anyway. Tact would first involve *THINKING* before posting. And we all know who doesn't do that! :wave:

Tact only gets you so far when you are being haggled by others here. I guess I have to keep posting to respond to the taunts of others, some who don't even own a XJ anymore. :laugh3:

Big Red said:
Tact only gets you so far when you are being haggled by others here. I guess I have to keep posting to respond to the taunts of others, some who don't even own a XJ anymore. :laugh3:

So how many people have sent you a PM telling you to shut up? More than just a few I am sure. Please take their advice. Why don't you ask your wife before posting in the future, she seem's way cooler than you are. Maybe you should just transfer your membership into her name since she owns half your XJ anyway. Quick question, Are you just here to make our lives miserable? Please just make our suffering stop! GO AWAY! Nobody likes you around here. Go hang out with your other club (If they haven't kicked you out yet that is).

Take a hint already!!!!!!!

Back