• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DPG's Hybrid RE Kit

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at the RE 5.5 extreme duty, but now I'm liking the
DPG/Rubicon Express- 5" Extreme Duty Hybrid XJ Cherokee Kit.

It says it fits 33's to 35's with proper trimming and bumpstopping. The picture shows an XJ on 35's with pretty seriously cut fenders and no flares. I like the idea of the lower center of gravity, and it sounds good.... but my question is...

I trimmed already for the 5.5 regular kit like what was shown in Jeepin.com. This cuts the front of the front fender and flare off, a little in the back of the front, and folds or cuts in up to the mounting holes on the rear while leaving the flare (cut a little short in the front and rear).

If anyone has seen or has the hybrid lift, will that variety of fender trimming fit 33's with that lift while allwing me to leave the stock flares on? I just don't want to have to do that work all over again so soon..and I need to be able to use the stock flares.

Thanks... Harve Out.

I'm looking at the same kit. RE 5.5" vs. DPG/RE Hybrid to run 35's. I have pretty cut fenders and BW Flares. I'm looking to fit the 35's and have plenty of room for flexin' em.

That RE 7.5" upgrade does sound nice though......

Paging - Mr GotabeJeep. You seem to have a great deal of knowledge about these set ups. Would you happen to know the answer?

Thanks
Harve Out

Call Dirk at DPG. He would be happy to try and answer your questions.

Harvo said:
Paging - Mr GotabeJeep. You seem to have a great deal of knowledge about these set ups. Would you happen to know the answer?

Thanks
Harve Out

You rang?:D Are you asking if this setup will still work with all the trimming you have done but still have the stock flares in the stock positions? That is going to be tough, especially with 35's. Stock flares are more restrictive that the fenders untrimmed without the stock flares. There just isn't much room with the stock flares. Some people leave the stock flares, but cut them off right at the body lines, similar to the SkyJacker jeep. The top off the flare isn't a big issue because bumpstops will stop the upward travel, but the front and rear of the stock flare are too narrow to allow the tire to go up into the wheelwell without catching. So, trim the front and rear off the stock flares, and leave the rest, and bumpstop, and that should work for you. I don't know if that made since, but here is a picture showing the flares trimmed like I am explaining:

csprings04.jpg

Yup that helps. I'm actually just trying to fit 33's without the full 5.5 inch lift from the standard kit. I do want more options with my fenders, so that's why I'm passing on the 3.5 inch lift with 33 inch tire option. It sounds like this setup will work for me. I have the front flares trimmed almost like your picture, but not quite so much in the rear. I suspect I won't need as much since I'm not trying to fit 35's.

What do you think? ... and thanks for the pictures.

HarveOut

Back