• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official UFC 100 Thread!

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
Is nobody else stoked about this Saturday?!

Who are ya rooting for?

Main Bouts:
Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar
Thiago Alves vs Georges St-Pierre
Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson
Paulo Thiago vs. Jon Fitch
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher​
Preliminary Bouts:
Dong Hyun Kim vs. TJ Grant
Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty
Tom Lawler vs. CB Dollaway
Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar
Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
Jon Jones vs. Jake O’Brien​

I want to see Lesnar get destroyed; I want Mir to break his arm. I also wouldn't mind seeing Bisping take a beating; I didn't realize what a d-bag he was until this last season of TUF. Other than that, I'm just stoked about the rest of the card.

Billy

I probably won't be able to watch it until it's on Spike (it's PPV isn't it?), but it should be a good one.

I feel about the same regarding the matchups, although I'd like to see Fitch and Bonnar get wins as well. Should be some really good fights regardless.

I want to see Lesnar get destroyed; I want Mir to break his arm. I also wouldn't mind seeing Bisping take a beating; I didn't realize what a d-bag he was until this last season of TUF. Other than that, I'm just stoked about the rest of the card.

Billy

X2 I hope Lesnar takes a beating. And I totally agree on Bisping he is a complete wanker!

I hate st. pierre... I want to see him cry like a woman

HAHA. My wife's a fan, so I root against him
biggrin.gif

That should be a great fight though....

or a complete let down like the first Matt Serra fight.

Billy

GSP reminds me of Jean Claude Van Damme... (I can't stand either)

like everyone else I would like to see lesnar lose. I wouldn't mind seeing his arm get snapped like Mir did to Sylvia.

I want Alves to lose. I love watching him fight, but seriously? 205 lbs cutting to 170? He's a friggin light heavy, of course he's gonna dominate most welterweights.

Lesnar, I'm neutral. Didn't know him as a WWE guy, so have no preconceived notions except for his huge size. He's another one that would make me think, maybe too big. They were syaing he's about 290ish and cuts to 265 to make heavyweight. Maybe UFC can start a Super Heavy class? I saw his fight with Herring and he worked him over pretty good. Never liked Herring either.

I'd also like to see Henderson beat Bisping.

Not sure on Coleman. This is the same Mark "The Hammer" Coleman from like 10-15 yrs ago, right? He (not Herring) was supposed to fight Lesnar, don't know what happened to drop him from that. Hopefully he's improved his stamina since the last time I saw him fight (admittedly, 10-15 yrs ago...)

Lesnar is an excellent wrestler, don't know about MMA though. His fight with Herring was mostly him wrestling him into place then throwing a few punches.

I like Frank Mir..he will handle Lesnar.
GSP's head is in the right place these days...he will win big.
Henderson...he's a mans man...I hope he beats on Bisping for three rounds before making him tap out.
Jon Fitch ain't going to lose this fight.

Lawler/ Dolloway fight should be great action.
Sephan Bonner....I don't know if he still has it...we'll see.

BOB

seems unanimous, lesnar's a joke, hope he loses, but he's big, fast, can wrestle and has had a year or so to learn from his mistakes and maybe develope a ground game that doesn't see him get tapped out.
but I do hope he gets beat, bad.

GSP, well he's a Canuck so I gotta give him the win. realistically tho, like most fights in teh UFC, it could go either way on any given night. He's either great at everything, or he learns what his opponents good at, then dominates him there... completely throwing the other guys game plan off. He's a real intelligent fighter, not just train train train, but watch, learn, develope, dominate! that being said, Alves is big, tough, and young... lets go GSP.

I figure I'll be getting my moneys worth out of this fight card no matter what. often its the prelim fights that fill in that are the most entertaining. title fights have the champ looking to retain, and the challenger not get KO'd... but Saturday will be some entertaining no matter how you look at it.

Mir
GSP
Hendo
Fitch
Bonnar
Danzig
Jones
the rest can go however they like

I hope to see Mir take it - he is a lot more technical and his stand up was top notch last fight. I would also like to see bisping get his ass handed to him - guy is a straight up d-bag when it comes to sportsmanship. Other than those fights, i really dont care who wins the rest.

Brock Lesnar continues to dominate. was anyone else bored with the fight? i would have liked to see a more active fight with less grappling. still though, the big man took down Mir, i think he has quite the career ahead of him in the next few years.

Damn... I XXXXing called it!

:D

Had a great time... was at the hooters in Fremont, got in about 15 minutes before it started.

Man this is the first PPV I have ordered from the UFC. Never agian!!! I liked the fights but I paid for 4 hours of fights not 3!!!! But on the other hand GO DAN!!!!

Too bad for Mir...that sucks.
I am glad Henderson beat on Bisping before knocking him out.
Bonner is history.
Fitch looked good.
GSP...flawless.

BOB

GSP.... All 5 rounds GSP pulled his groan in the 3rd. He got the win from all the judges. He did an out standing job and took almost no damage.

Mir got knocked the F out. lesnar did the same thing he does in every fight, he wrestled with him. got him on the ground, took control of his arms, and wore him out. then he ended the ffight with a big right hand to Mir's ear, and he was out after that. Lesnar hit him a few more times and the ref called it when he saw that Mir was no longer defending himself. i dont know if he was actually out but he was dazed enough that he couldnt move his arms.

Back