NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old January 11th, 2020, 15:58
NAXJA Forum User

2000 xj sport- Mystery cylinder 6 misfire

I was messing with my brake lines around the master, and disconnected the brake sensor. I forgot to plug it back in, and my jeep threw a u3f06 "network" engine code. I had no idea what it was, but it came my way because I didn't put the sensor back in....That was an easy fix. The mystery came with a P0306 code that was sent back to me at the same time. There is no CEL, but It's still showing me a misfire code even after disconnecting the battery and running a "clear ecu" protocol in Torque Pro.

It idles fine in park, but a bit rough in D (The engine mounts are fine, but I have yet to check out the trans mount). I haven't run a compression test yet, but I will next weekend when I have some time. Just curious what you guys think is going on here. I also am curious if a 306 code means a misfire in the 6th cylinder (closest to the firewall) or number 6 in the firing order?

Thank guys
Old January 11th, 2020, 17:31
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 2000 xj sport- Mystery cylinder 6 misfire

It means cylinder #6, I would look closely at the injector wiring. It's pretty common to get melted insulation that leads to a mis-fire.
Old January 11th, 2020, 19:20
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 2000 xj sport- Mystery cylinder 6 misfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
It means cylinder #6, I would look closely at the injector wiring. It's pretty common to get melted insulation that leads to a mis-fire.
Thanks. It's rained 4ish inches here in Indiana, so once it dries a bit I'll get on it. I hope it's that simple.