• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Same old fuel pump woes

I spliced into the ground and re-grounded it to the frame when I was dealing with my fuel pump issues. would recommend this as an option.

@ Runnin'OnEmpty, thanks. I have wanted one of these since 89. I have just a few more things to tend to and the Land Shark will be 100%. Have 2 gaskets and about 3ft of vacuum lines to replace and he's done.
@blu3fan, I am aching to have the damned time to get back to the fuel pump. All of the factory wires are losing connection at the plug. I am planning on cutting both ends and getting rid of the 3plug. Then Im gonna attach male and female snap connections I can water proof with heat shrink. Do ya think it will dork anything up if I run duel grounds? Like one to the harness and one to the frame?

@ Runnin'OnEmpty, thanks. I have wanted one of these since 89. I have just a few more things to tend to and the Land Shark will be 100%. Have 2 gaskets and about 3ft of vacuum lines to replace and he's done.
@blu3fan, I am aching to have the damned time to get back to the fuel pump. All of the factory wires are losing connection at the plug. I am planning on cutting both ends and getting rid of the 3plug. Then Im gonna attach male and female snap connections I can water proof with heat shrink. Do ya think it will dork anything up if I run duel grounds? Like one to the harness and one to the frame?

no. I have the same setup running for almost a year now.
I grounded on a bolt I found near the fuel filter.
ran 12v from the battery to the pump.
Trace the Sender wire to confirm which is which. then just splice that back into the harness that is already there on its own.
I have my switches in this. it looks dope.however I am thinking about wiring it back into an ignition hot because I am a little tired of turning it on and off again...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Chero...g4AAOSwrklVQ~aC:sc:USPSFirstClass!85008!US!-1

I took mine out 12 times in 2 months diagnosing my own issues. Im a pro now... I can remove the pump and have it fully out of the car in less than 10mins. wires and tubes detached.
Lay down from the back of the car. reach up with one hand from in front of the diff and one behind. use a big flat head and a hammer to spin the lock ring.
its easy once u do it once or twice.
LOL

well... I got it spliced to ground on the frame. Worked great for about 10 minutes. Right back to whine. It seems to happen faster/more often if I am really getting my foot in it...
Guess i will just have to turn the stereo up...

Back