• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

It's pulled, 124000. I got pictures today. All cap plugs are broken off and the fan is messed up. Etc on thermostat tube to heater hose. Other wise it looks clean, but it's not leaving me warm and fuzzy.

Leaning toward the long block

He's a good dude, I'll vouch for him....:D And he has a lengthy history with the engine and knows it to be a solid runner. Dunno it's current state, but maybe it could be fired up before you shake hands on it........?

HAHA, don't know that smokey is kind of shaddy.

Basically my XJ is getting scrapped (cracked unibody) the last thing I need to get pulled is the engine. I had it rebuilt it's got less than 30k on it. I replaced plugs, water pump, 4 hole injectors and some other things. I want to toss in the MJ but with an upcoming move and trying to get the WJ sorted it's on the back burner and the MJ runs just fine. I'll send you a PM.

HAHA, don't know that smokey is kind of shaddy.

Basically my XJ is getting scrapped (cracked unibody) the last thing I need to get pulled is the engine. I had it rebuilt it's got less than 30k on it. I replaced plugs, water pump, 4 hole injectors and some other things. I want to toss in the MJ but with an upcoming move and trying to get the WJ sorted it's on the back burner and the MJ runs just fine. I'll send you a PM.

Cool, doesn't hurt to have options. Does it run currently?

I bought a stand and E12 socket, that thing is tiny!

1 ton is plenty. Think a 4.0 is in the 550lb area fully dressed.

My daughter is stuck up near Fox Run Regional Park on Higby road (Col. Springs) in her Saturn (not in her 4x4 jeep... it overheated 3 days and got parked :-( ). Trying to decide if she gets unstuck, what she should do. She thinks she can get unstuck, has not tried yet, she pulled over in the snow storm due to lack of visibility about 2 hours ago.

I'm down in Texas with little snow/ice experience, so looking for some feedback. She is thinking of taking 83 back into town.

Edit: Snow plow/gravel truck guy just helped her get on the road and she is following him to 105 on Roller coaster road then should she take 25 or 83 south back to Co. Springs? ????

Edit: she is heading for 83, from Roller coaster rd., she says visibility is getting bad again.... now clearer...coming and going..

Edit: Looks like she is going to make it home OK. On 83 heading to 21. Road is clear. Still snowing but OK.

Edit, she made it home.

Last edited:

Ya, she took the back roads

to avoid freeway accident clutter, as she is learning a stick shift Saturn that is temperamental on stop and go, when needing to go up hill from a stop, or in stop and go traffic where it might ice....up...

and then the visibility went to shit so she pulled over, sat on the side of the road for 3-4 hours till it cleared up enough. Good thing the engine and fuel reserves were good idling like that...She gets about 34 mpgs with it. :)

She runs in Spartan and Tough Muder races, (also an official photographer) so she kept her cool. But being in the middle of no where, on the side of the road snowed in, :shiver: is enough to freak anyone out?

Yeah was pretty good snow yesterday for sure. Dad and brother just made it over monarch before a snow slide covered and closed the highway for hours. Heard divide area was pretty ugly too.
No complaints. I’ll take all the snow we can get this year.

Yeah was pretty good snow yesterday for sure. Dad and brother just made it over monarch before a snow slide covered and closed the highway for hours. Heard divide area was pretty ugly too.
No complaints. I’ll take all the snow we can get this year.

Most of the engine has been torn down for the swap. Another member has suggested seeing if anyone here near my area would be interested in helping out.

I'm in Severance/ windsor. I'm not in a huge rush, but it'll be good to have her on the road again sooner than later. I could plan around most any time sat-tues and put in for pto on wed-fridays.
Most of the tear down is complete with the exception of linkages, a/c evacuating. Just need to pull the old engine
So I can sort out my BD mounts bushings.

Anywho should anyone be interested give me a shout and we can start planing on a schedule. I'm new to a swap, but I can provide some belly timber ( pizza&beer).

I don't mind coping tube when I can easily get into the places to measure and fit up , but the inner cage rear is not that space , So I have been eliminating the coping tube by cutting some square tube in half and slipping it over the round and welding it on giving me a flat spot to weld making it so I only need to cut the angles in the ends of the tube ...lol... I'm not sure why this would be any weaker than coping but I guess I'll find out when it gets rolled , but it should actually hold better than much of the minimal seat depth I see on many cope jobs on cage work but we'll see .

I'm deciding on aw4 shifters , and the choice between the REDesign shifter or the Winters shifter. The winters shifter will be a stand alone set up with the shifter controlling each gear and not using a separate shift controller, but it does not offer going directly from drive to reverse like the REDesign . I'm thinking it really should not be that big of deal to get the Winters shifter into reverse quickly despite how the gate is set up ? ...lol... I really want the look of the Winters shifter set into an aluminum panel .

I don't get how you think that Winters shifter wouldn't be a challenge to get into reverse or park quickly.... The stock shifter allows for a quick in-line throw, that one requires threading the handle through notches.

If it intrigues you, I have a Version 2 RADesigns BAJA shifter I need gone. It's wired and ready for an XJ.

https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/littleton-radesigns-baja-shifter-for/6800823379.html

Added one tie in section on the halo just behind the c pillar and took the original interna c pillar section that was just a pair of dead nodes and triangulated them and will run a tie in plate from that to this new section on the halo . The original builder felt on tie in with two 1/2 inch bolts was sufficient...lol... I'm not sold and don't want to find out the hard way.

IMG_20190122_20366.jpg

Added one tie in section on the halo just behind the c pillar and took the original interna c pillar section that was just a pair of dead nodes and triangulated them and will run a tie in plate from that to this new section on the halo . The original builder felt on tie in with two 1/2 inch bolts was sufficient...lol... I'm not sold and don't want to find out the hard way.

How many years in the making is your rig?

Back