• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 door MJ

LJRockstar

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not sure if this is the coolest thing ever, or if they ruined a perfectly good MJ. Either way it's pretty well done as far as I can tell from the pics!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132175269083

$_3.JPG

It wasnt built from a salvage title. Ebay just want let him put it up as a clean title because it has been modified. I know the guy that built it.

Yea I tend to agree. it would have looked a lot more proportional if they had grafted a 2 door XJ and skipped the second set of doors. Just extended cab style. As it sits it looks like it would need 38's to not get high centered on a speed bump. :laugh2:

I think this is the route I would go if I was going to try building such a thing. I can see getting a lot of use out of a SWB MJ w/ 2dr length doors, buckets, and Ranger extended-cab style jump seats in the back, either to bring the dog on trips or to have more inside storage for tools and spare parts while wheeling.

But I know I don't have the focus or bodywork skills to pull it off to the level of perfection that'd let me finish the project happily, so I would just end up butchering two good vehicles and scrapping it halfway through.

I think this is the route I would go if I was going to try building such a thing. I can see getting a lot of use out of a SWB MJ w/ 2dr length doors, buckets, and Ranger extended-cab style jump seats in the back, either to bring the dog on trips or to have more inside storage for tools and spare parts while wheeling.

But I know I don't have the focus or bodywork skills to pull it off to the level of perfection that'd let me finish the project happily, so I would just end up butchering two good vehicles and scrapping it halfway through.

That was always my dream, maybe one day.

Cal-WBG.jpg

I like this one so far...
ae0cfc70ce269c4c12e19711271b7296.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That was always my dream, maybe one day.

Cal-WBG.jpg

I wouldn't want the bobbed bed but definitely like the extra bit of room in the cab.

Honorable mentions.

b10092b8e7f860e0a0ffe8a845b8dcc6.jpg

I think this is the best way to go, cut an Xj right where the rear window starts and use the Mj's B pillar.

I would shorten the bed bringing the rear tire closer to the cab.

Back