• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
Last year, quite a few guys from SoCal went to Bald Mt. Junish if I remember right. Anyone thinking about going this year for Sierra Fest in August?

If you havn't been there, it's worth the trip, and the Sierra guys have a pretty good plan. Hit it for the week, or on one of the 2 weekends, or any combination that works.

If you have the choice between the Rubicon or Shaver, you'd have a hard time going wrong with the Shaver Lake area. August is about as perfect as it gets all around, and there's a great variety of trails. It's a perfect "something for everyone" place where you can wheel alongside the bigger rigs and have a good time, and not nearly as far away. It also has a significantly lower "idiot factor".

If you've never been there, check out the Charles Wells Nor Cal guide. He covers the Shaver Lake area pretty well.

Ardis and I are planning on doing the full trip. Should be a great time.

--ron

I plan on going up the last weekend. Can't swing the vacation time for the whole week.

I'll be there. This will be my 10th or 11th consectutive annual Swamp Lake trip, and it's always worth it. We've had around 30 rigs on this trip every year for quite a while, so it's a good time to meet people and hang with friends.

I may be working by Lake Isabella at that time. If I am, I'll be in for both weekends.

Captain Ron said:
Last year, quite a few guys from SoCal went to Bald Mt. Junish if I remember right. Anyone thinking about going this year for Sierra Fest in August?

If you havn't been there, it's worth the trip, and the Sierra guys have a pretty good plan. Hit it for the week, or on one of the 2 weekends, or any combination that works.

If you have the choice between the Rubicon or Shaver, you'd have a hard time going wrong with the Shaver Lake area. August is about as perfect as it gets all around, and there's a great variety of trails. It's a perfect "something for everyone" place where you can wheel alongside the bigger rigs and have a good time, and not nearly as far away. It also has a significantly lower "idiot factor".
I will be there for the week,you bringing the buggy or?...SANTA

If you've never been there, check out the Charles Wells Nor Cal guide. He covers the Shaver Lake area pretty well.

Ardis and I are planning on doing the full trip. Should be a great time.

--ron

4xSanta said:
I will be there for the week, you bringing the buggy or?...SANTA.

I'll bring both rigs. There's some great buggy stuff to play on, but for most of the trails, 33's are perfect.

--ron

I will be heading up there with KEN (itshud) on thursday. See everyone up there. If plans go as followed.

NICK

GSequoia said:
I'm hoping to do the Swamp Lake portion.

We'll see as we get closer (it really hinges on some city crap I have to do and work)

Tell the truth now.

Holly doesn't know you have plans for this yet, thus, she hasn't given you the proper pass at this time. You'll do your best "pretty please honey..." at the last moment and get shot down because you'll have to go to an obscure, long forgotten friend's wedding.

Ain't "almost married" grand? :D

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Tell the truth now.

Holly doesn't know you have plans for this yet, thus, she hasn't given you the proper pass at this time. You'll do your best "pretty please honey..." at the last moment and get shot down because you'll have to go to an obscure, long forgotten friend's wedding.

Ain't "almost married" grand? :D

--ron

Nah man, I'm pre-approved for up to 72 hours of leave time!

IF work is going to be as agressive about buying stuff as they say then there's a good chance I'll have to fly all over the place setting up offices and I won't be able to have time to get my shit together...

That's doubtful though....Real doubtful! The only other thing is this city crap at my mom's, gonna try to knock out most of that next week though...

Back