• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.7's and a AW4

I'm a little disappointed in my kit too(at this point)! The 1-2 hold works for now but I want to check out what happens when towing. I did the metering plate 1/2 way between "truck" and "hot rod" and the shifts are quick/firm but far from anything I expected. I'm wanting to get it under a real tow condition but my camp trailer is now buried behind my 3 other trailers with no plans to go out soon!

Today I shifted 1-2 under full throttle and it was mush. It's a lot firmer under part throttle. Which is exact opposite of what i was expecting. At some point I think I'll tear it apart and do the hotrod shift.

Today I shifted 1-2 under full throttle and it was mush. It's a lot firmer under part throttle. Which is exact opposite of what i was expecting. At some point I think I'll tear it apart and do the hotrod shift.

That happened to me and the issue was the TV cable didn't get reinstalled when I reinstalled the valve body, and it wasn't ramping up the line pressure when I got on the throttle.

The easiest way to check is to see if the TV cable has slack at the throttle body or if you can feel the spring in the trans sucking it back in when you wiggle it.

Anyone have to modify the new VB gasket? I got the gasket kit from Transgo and the most correct one did not line up perfectly with the original.

It's been a while now, but I remember being certain that these particular passages were not intended to be blocked by the gasket. I had to take the new gasket and line it up perfectly with the new one and make 2 small adjustments to the new gasket with a razor so that it would match the original VB gasket.

I have my 4.7 stroker and AW4 together ready to go in the jeep now. I'm worried I'll make the power I'm hoping now, and the trans might not be able to take it. I've read it might slip 325-350 hp? But hopefully that's mitigated with my 33" tires and 5.13 gears. That's my hope at least. Otherwise I'll be swapping in a 700r4

Installed my 2800 stall converter from IPT too.

Anyone have to modify the new VB gasket? I got the gasket kit from Transgo and the most correct one did not line up perfectly with the original.

It's been a while now, but I remember being certain that these particular passages were not intended to be blocked by the gasket. I had to take the new gasket and line it up perfectly with the new one and make 2 small adjustments to the new gasket with a razor so that it would match the original VB gasket.

That's not good, hopefully it will work!

Back