• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35 ABS to 44 NON ABS

the two we pulled are labled ABS IGN, and ABS BATT (both only 2 amp). i will check and see if the pump does anything when i put the IGN one back in. hopefully this will get me down to drop off the jeep tomorrow night for gears. then i can tackle the bigger issue this weekend.

o.k. so here is an update for future reference. got home today and backed it outta the driveway and lost the power brakes. great timing that it happend in the driveway rather than the highway or something. so i parked it put in the ABS IGN fuse didn't hear the pump till i shut it off and turned the key back on. breaks work good again. went for a lengthy test drive around the neighborhood and things seem to be fine so far. Plan on doing the 95 dual booster swap ASAP. will report back on the progress. thanks everyone for your help and advice. NAXJA Rocks!

Glad you got it figured out. If the plan is to swap them out soon, all's good. If it's going to be a longer term project, you can get some of the parts replaced, if defective, under the permanent recall.

The pump should run for 5-15 seconds every 3-5th time the brakes are pressed. Any more often than that and you could have a problem.

The lengthy pump time when the fuse got replaced was because you had drawn down all the pressure in the accumulators. If it still does this after fully re-pressurizing, you can have the dealer look it over. They generally do not charge for this since the work is under a NHTSA recall order.

Looking for bendix abs 9 or 10 parts or where to find them

First, have you talked to the Jeep wrecking yards like J&W near Sacramento, CA or Davey's Jeep in OH?

If memory serves me, these parts were only used in rigs from 1989 to 1991 or thereabouts. If you're hitting local wrecking yards, try finding the upscale Wagoneer model XJ as many of them came with this ABS system.

Otherwise, look seriously at a replacement vacuum brake system from an age appropriate donor rig.

Thanks i will give that a try Ben looking in northern Utah and have less than Favourable luck. my rig has a big block mopar with no real good vacuum for power brakes and big twin turbos and space is at a premium + I like the feeling of hydraulic boosted brakes and I can't see my miss putting up with manual brakes she made sure we got one with a/c to / power every thing and u can guess the old saying happy wife happy life 😊

Thanks so much for helping me find a new to me master cylinder :roll::laugh3:😊 Got mine from hard rock 4x4 jonn so helpful and the part is in pretty good shape for a 1990 xj part and competitive priced to I'd like to show pictures but I don't know how silly 😜 me. Now I can use a really good reference for fixing and diagnosis operation there is one one you tube but skimps over a lot and the dealers have hard time to because sometimes there missing the know how

Back