• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: wiring harness for 2000 XJ

altierior

NAXJA Forum User
i need the wiring harness that goes from the computer to the coil rail, the tps, etc...
and maybe the computer itself

(can anyone confirm or refute whether a 2001 will also work? this would increase my chances of finding something... )

Does yours have dual cats under the manifold? if it does it has the California emissions package and if I remember right has 2 02 sensors instead of one and takes a different computer and harness.

I will ck the local JY tomorrow if i can and see what they have and cost.

(can anyone confirm or refute whether a 2001 will also work? this would increase my chances of finding something... )

Alrighty, Ive been here so i know a bit, here we go;

2000's came in 4 wiring configurations with the 6cyl:
1) Federal Emission 2wd (2 Oxygen sensors)
2) Federal Emission 4wd (2 Oxygen sensors)
3) California Emissions 2wd (4 Oxygen sensors)
4) California Emissions 4wd (4 Oxygen sensors)

2001 only came with the 6cyl and came in 2 wiring configurations

1) 50 state Emissions 2wd (4 Oxygen sensors)
2) 50 state Emissions 4wd (4 Oxygen sensors)

and as far as i've seen, all 2001's are the same as 2000's with the California package

also you can run a 2wd wiring harness and computer on a 4wd, you just wont get the fancy 4wd light on the dash.

and to clarify,
heres a link to a pic of WJ's 6cyl, same for the 2000 and 2001 XJ
http://www.wjjeeps.com/oxygen_40.jpg

hope that helps,
KP

i found a harness and computer from a guy in CO.

my XJ has four O2 sensors. this guy who sent this one doesn't know how many O2 sensors were in the XJ from which he pulled the harness and computer.

i wonder if it so happens that they are from an XJ with two O2 sensors rather than four, then everything will work ok since the harness and the computer match each other?

yes and no.

it only works if you change the exhaust to match, the 4 o2 sensor system has 2 precats and 1 regular, the 2 o2 sensor system only has 1 regular cat, you need to change your whole exhaust over or the computer wont read right if you put the 2 system on the 4 and block off the other 2,

ask me how i know ?

hope that helps your choice

yes and no.

it only works if you change the exhaust to match, the 4 o2 sensor system has 2 precats and 1 regular, the 2 o2 sensor system only has 1 regular cat, you need to change your whole exhaust over or the computer wont read right if you put the 2 system on the 4 and block off the other 2,

even if i also swap in the computer from the XJ with the two o2 sensors? i would expect that the two sensor computer is only expecting to read two sensors, so blocking off the other two would work. No?

no because the way the precats are setup, the first 3 cylinders feed into one manifold and one cat and the last 3 cylinders feed into the rear manifold and the second cat so if only use 2 the computer would only be reading the exhaust gas from 3 of the 6 cylinders and be trying to compensate for such.

also if you block off all 4 around the precats and try to use just the rear cat with 2 new bungs the comp will go crazy because you are already treating the exhaust gas with the precats

you can however replace your precats with the y pipe for a 2000 model with federal emissions and that will have the correct 02 bung for a 2 sensor setup, then all you need to do is add a new 02 bung after the cat and you will basically have the setup from a 2000 with federal emissions, and save you from buying a whole new exhaust

Back