• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost free !!!

Let me recommend that you epoxy the cement. It keeps things a lot cleaner.

Let me recommend that you epoxy the cement. It keeps things a lot cleaner.

I did that in the house garage, love it and hate it, will not do that again and that's what the pressure washer is for! The challenge right now is to prioritize the projects. Number one is my intolerance of fluid leaks, so not necessarily the order but....

'95 Implala SS - power steering hoses, major PITA because the pump is on the passenger side

"lil sis" (spare '00) - rear main seal

"96 Dakota - a exhaust leak from not being able to fully weld the pipe, going to pull the bed for top access

"Big Bro" - Build the killer AW4

Nice!
Jealous, wish I had the room for a lift.

Agree on the epoxy coating, it's best done to fresh concrete. It's almost impossible to get it to permanently stick to oil-contaminated concrete, even with deep bead blasting and acid etching.
Hot tires parked on the epoxy can cause it to peel. In our shops at work, we tried epoxy coatings and found it better to, instead, clean and polish the concrete and then apply a clear sealer. The finish wore out too but it was easier to refinish. Sure makes cleanup a lot faster.

When I did my 50yr old slab it was all kinds of nasty. A good cleaning and then applied "equal" 2 part hanger epoxy in and it's been there for 20 yrs now and isn't going to lift ever! The hate part was that it was a ice skating ring whenever liquids got on it. Now 20yrs later it has a "scrotch-brite" scuff to it so it's great, but you can wipe anything up without any surface dis-coloration, including tire marks.

It's working, I sacrificed the spare 2000 for testing!
P1080766.JPG

Definite goals right here! Congrats bro, thats a life changer. :yelclap:

I know it's going to help me! When I did the thrust bearing repair in Febuary I had the XJ as high as 12ton jacks will go and it still wasn't fun. With me it takes a miracle to get down and back up from the ground being monoplegic so working standing up is unbelievable. Since I have the trans jack now doing my transmission will be like a walk in the park!
P1080569_zpsdib4k3dm.jpg

Saturday while buying a new welding cart I also picked up a 2 ton safety jack. Sunday besides my gas tank I also got the Durango exhaust done. Today I received the rebuild kit for the trans jack so I'll get that fixed while working on the SS and then start planning for my trans.
P1080773.JPG

P1080772.JPG

This morning on "lil sis" I did the rear main seal, pan gasket, and changed the oil/filter in 2 hrs with almost no effort! I did a little studying while I was under there and found a little rust I want to address. I will try to find some POR-15 and really clean that spot, it's right above my cross-member so I will have to pull up the carpet in that area and get it from the top-side too.

"Big Bro" finally has a date on the calendar. :yelclap: Today I got the SS steering box changed out and next weekend we're going camping so I will start on the AW4 on the 3rd of July. I'm going to shoot for being done by Sunday the 12th if all goes well and I didn't overlook some part of this project.

Back