• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fort Wayne IN Scrap Yard

Squidmonkey

NAXJA Forum User
So my lovely wife has decided that I am going to fort wayne on sunday with her so she can do some shopping.:banghead: After the initial shock and anger wore off I informed her that If i have to go the hour and a half to fort wayne to go 'Shopping' (read: walking around frustrated praying she doesnt ask me "does this make me look fat?" "does this make my ass look big?" "what do You think of this pusrse?) Then she has to come with me to a scrap yard while I see what goodies I can find and pull off the vehicles for some future planned upgrades. Problem: I dont know which scrap yards in fort wayne are decent. Any help from you guys in the area would be appreciated.

On a side note, the wife doesnt really say those things, i just pray she never does. She's actually a mellow shopper with the exception of coach purses. Damn you coach, damn you and your every month catalog!

We don't really have any good salvage yards here. It took all morning to find a front drive shaft. And they didn't have the whole Cherokee, just a shaft on the shelf.
Call around to the yards in the phone book and see if they have any thing.
When steel went up, most of them went crush happy, and got rid of a lot of cars.

We need a Pick and Pull here.

What about that yard on Brooklyn, or the one in New Haven(Mills? think it's on Adams Center Rd?) I haven't been to either in 8 or 9 years, but those two were decent then. One of my friends got some parts at the New Haven yard for their 95 last summer, so they've at least had something.

I've been wanting some warmer weather to make the rounds the next time I'm up, but so far, that ain't happenin.

We don't really have any good salvage yards here. It took all morning to find a front drive shaft. And they didn't have the whole Cherokee, just a shaft on the shelf.
Call around to the yards in the phone book and see if they have any thing.
When steel went up, most of them went crush happy, and got rid of a lot of cars.

We need a Pick and Pull here.
I'll have to hit up google and check the yards that way. Dont have a fort wayne phone book. Appreciate it.

What about that yard on Brooklyn, or the one in New Haven(Mills? think it's on Adams Center Rd?) I haven't been to either in 8 or 9 years, but those two were decent then. One of my friends got some parts at the New Haven yard for their 95 last summer, so they've at least had something.

I've been wanting some warmer weather to make the rounds the next time I'm up, but so far, that ain't happenin.
I'll try those ones first.

Appreciate the info guys! Hopefully the wife dont get to angry. If she does I'll just drive the jeep faster. Road noise + vibrations will hopefully be louder than the wife... Hopefully. Love her to death I swear I do.

Probably wont have much luck finding much around the Fort. There are a couple salvage yards but very unorganized and dont have much as for as jeeps go. And when you do find something that might be worth to take they think its GOLD and want a arm and leg for it. There is a Jeep salvage yard in Wabash but that would be alittle bit of a drive from the Fort.

Good luck and i hate shopping...

Let me know when she buys a collar for the dog there, then she is "one of them".

Rev

That would suck. :tears: I dont think id let it go that far. Bad enough I let her put clothes on the dogs during winter. oh well. Here's to her never being "one of them" and me never allowing it.

just now seeing this...but I think you'll find the scrap yards in da fort are closed on sundays...

if you come to the fort and need local info, PM, and if you want to stop by for a beverage...PM me...tho I don't need excuses for a beverage...

mac 'sitting in the Glenbrook Mall parking lot as we speak...but its 4am' gyvr

yeah. I didn't even bother to think about it. Got to fort wayne yesterday, went to chipotle (by hooters) and started to dial for the first scrapyard. it rang three times, then it hit me. "**** It's sunday!!!" that's when I realized how sneaky my wife truly is. She knew all along and didn't bother to tell me! I dont think about places being closed on saturday/sunday. being a military recruiter i work all the time, so It's not a concious thought process for me. My wife on the other... Oh she knew.. She knew.

Back